they say those in glass coffins shouldn't throw stones...

Art of Witchcraft and Glass Coffin
Please note the photos in this post have been adjusted for lighting tint using photoshop to make the colors of the product appear to true life. However, the product has not been enhanced, saturated or otherwise improved in any way.
Yeah, the 90s are still back. Childhood in a bottle: thermals, glitter, jellies, everything you could want from your 90s childhood is back and blasting you in the face with some elegant polish goodness. I've got Glass Coffin and Art of Witchcraft here giving me some Snow White-inspired fingertip magic. And the ones distributing these little bottles of sparkling joy? None other than the cosmetic thunder down under, Femme Fatale.


First off I do just need to talk a little bit about how much I love the overall theme of these polishes. Not because I'm incredibly fairytale-obsessed or the like, but more because of the overall uniqueness and coherency of the concept. If you look at collective swatches of this collection you can see the overall color scheme and it even gives off an ethereal and enchanted "princess" vibe without being too literal. There's some darkness, some moodiness, but overall everything they chose evokes a floaty storybook vibe. No red for poison apple or deep eggplant for the dark queen. They took something done to death and made it entirely refreshing, and that is what I love about it.

Their newest White Witch collection also displays this same artistry, and it's wonderful. But my choice selections from those, which are now totally pre-ordered and set to go, are another matter.

Today, it's all about the fairest polishes of them all:

Femme Fatale Glass Coffin
Out of the two of these, Witchcraft had been the polish I was more excited for, but Glass Coffin has won my heart. 

Glass Coffin's thermal effect after some ice ice baby.

Glass Coffin has an easy formula, thin enough to spread but not too runny. It takes at least 2 good, thick coats to get full opacity, but it's worth it. A baby blue with green shimmer when warm and a lilac color with green shimmer when cool, it takes the thermal polishes I loved as a kid and raises them up to a glamourous and sophisticated level. A stunner in either color and waaaay too distracting when washing your hands or exiting a building and it changes. The thermal's response time is crazy fast too, all it takes is a touch. I'd also swear the shimmer reflects red and glows in warm light, but I can't tell if it's real or if I'm just going crazy.

Femme Fatale Art of Witchcraft
Art of Witchcraft is still crazy gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I think I expected a little more out of it than it gives. It's a deep teal jelly with tons of holographic and dark reddish pink glitters and hidden red shimmer. On the nail is takes about two or three coats to build up, but the glitter doesn't always like to play nice. Sometimes you end up with bald spots, which is weird because the glitter looks like it should disperse evenly, but it doesn't! The red shimmer does show in light, but it's not as prominent as I find it in the bottle. It's still gorgeous, but you mostly get deep teal jelly with holo glitters and the occasional red flash. Sadly, an example of "don't judge a polish by its bottle".

And now, for a fun mani magic trick I like to call "too many polishes, not enough fingers".

Glass Coffin, you can see the effortless ombre thanks to the thermal!

Surprise! It's Art of Witchcraft!
Altogether now!
Painting the undertips of the nails isn't anything new by a longshot, but I don't see it done nearly enough and I love it! For me it's a good way to get the best mileage out of my falsies while adding a fun surprise. I have a fashion show (for one of the local art institutes) to attend tomorrow, so I wanted to do something both understated yet fancy. With this I get both! It's the mullet of manicures: business in the front, party underneath.

(Also of course if I really wanted to use both polishes at once I could also paint my toes, which I do, but I can't really wave my toes in people's faces without being seen as terribly inappropriate. Fingers are much easier.)

Sadly these are both not for sale this month, though it's possible Femme Fatale might want to bring them back, so keep checking their presales the 1st of every month to see if you get lucky!

Where to buy: Online at Femme Fatale's polish presales, 1st-5th of every month here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

bloglovin

peachy noon

Meet The Author

Noon. 25. American born, Finland residing. I really love dogs.