NARS Walkyrie


NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie
I tend to buy products for their names.

This isn't really something I'm ashamed of, it's just a fact. This fact is also why I own seemingly odd products I'm not overly attracted to in color alone, like Sally Hansen's LE Salon Perfect polish in Resurrection or why I'm sorely tempted to purchase L'oreal's nail polish in the keenly named Hella Pink. It's just a weakness I have, which is why companies with cleverly named products tend to suck at my wallet so fast it sends my head spinning.

This also applies to companies that name things after countries, such as NARS. (I'm half-heartedly drawn to their tinted moisturizer in Finland for such a reason, really. Though it's so pricey I highly doubt I'll ever actually buy it unless I win a lottery.) Unfortunately for me NARS doesn't seem to name many products after Nordic cities or sights, which is a shame, because I'd really love to own a nice blush or lip pencil named something charming like Helsinki or Lahti or Jyväskylä.

This reasoning is why I found myself drawn to Walkyrie though, because in addition to having a pretty cool Norse-driven name, the color itself was calling me. The name mostly just put a seal on the deal, and it popped itself magically into my basket.  
 


This is one of the first NARS products I've ever purchased, the second being their Killing Me Softly blush palette, which arrived along with this pencil. I've always heard such good things about these pencils and I really wanted a versatile color that I could dress up or down.
Me wearing NARS Walkyrie in natural light.


NARS describes this as a "burnt coral red", which I think suits it very well. It's a red with slightly brown-y/orange-y undertone that's bold without being too bright or too deep. It's enough to stand out but not so much it overwhelms. I'm extremely happy with the color, especially since the picture of it on the NARS site and the plastic on the end of the pencil match well and are very good indicators for the color it comes out on the lips as.

The formula is also very lovely, a bit dry, as it is a matte, but very, very lightweight and easy to apply. It doesn't drag or turn patchy, even on dry and unprepped lips with no balm underneath.

It is a bit pricey for the product it is, a jumbo lip pencil, which are becoming more and more common, but for the gorgeous pigment and smoothness of application, I think it's worth the investment for an everyday color.

Now if you'll excuse me, I fell compelled to put on my lip-armor and ride onwards to the glory of Valhalla.

Where to buy: NARS, $25

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

bloglovin

peachy noon

Meet The Author

Noon. 25. American born, Finland residing. I really love dogs.