L'Oreal Collection Privee: I want some Moore, please!

Right, Doutzen's Nude; Left, Julianne's Nude
Ah, it's been a while, hasn't it? I'm afraid I got too wrapped up in the holidays and work and Animal Crossing somehow and I kept putting off writing more blogs until somehow it's been over a month! How does time work that way?

Now that Christmas is past us and with New Year's a few days off the glitz season will soon be over (or maybe that's a lie, because is there ever a season that's not for glitter???) and the winter softness can begin. I have a soft spot for nude makeup and winter pastels, so these new L'Oreal shades are insanely up my alley.


There's six shades in the collection so far, each one from a various L'Oreal spokesmodel and celebrity. When I spotted the brand new display of these at work I gasped and instantly began plotting which ones to snatch. I restrained myself to two of them I thought would be best with my skintone: Doutzen Kroes and Julianne Moore.

In the bottle, Doutzen's Nude seems to be a cool-toned mauve, but on the nail it reads more of a cool pink and less grey. Julianne's has a similar transformation, in the bottle it appears much more brown, but on the nail the pink tone of it comes out better.

Julianne's Nude in natural light.
The formula is wonderful, not streaky at all and easy to apply. L'Oreal's polishes are always really good to me, I never have any doubts upon buying new shades because they always seem to perform well. Julianne's wore for a good probably 4 or so days before I experienced a little peeling, but that was in part due to the fact that my nails are having a weak moment lately. I didn't really experience any major chipping until about 5 days or so in.

Overall I love nude shades and I think there's at least one polish in this collection for everyone. I also think each polish has potential to look good on any skintone regardless of the skintone of the spokeswoman it's named for. Definitely worth it for a nice winter pick-me-up during the dreary days to come!

Where to buy: Drugstores, $4.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

bloglovin

peachy noon

Meet The Author

Noon. 25. American born, Finland residing. I really love dogs.